Cover Letter Tips
A cover letter should demonstrate to the reader that you have read the job ad carefully and that you are truly interested in that particular job. Many hiring managers will not even look at a resume that does not come with a cover letter.
The cover letter should:
- Be to the point. Should clearly link your experience to the role being advertised.
- Be no more than three to four paragraphs long.
- Be positive and upbeat. Make the hiring manager interested in reading your resume.
The cover letter should NOT:
- Be a summary or repeat of your resume.
- Be a uniform letter you send with all job applications.